ON LIVING as ONE

Living your life to its fullest as an individual should be in itself the essence of your liberty. You should want to be completely free from social pressures and guidance. You should guide your own life, based from your own chosen values, not pressured to accept “normal social” ways of others. You should view yourself as an independent, possessing a unique, distinctive moral for well being, one that you should carefully craft from your own inner voices, not shaped by society like a piece of molded clay to make you humanised.

As an adult, you should full-fill social obligations from your own judgment, not from of a sense of "social duty" as this is extrinsic motivation. Most people submit to and accept government and social restrictions to their own liberty because they believe that in doing so is responsible and safe. The government and business likes us to think we have no choices and that we are better off being guided by so called systems and mechanistic controls. Systems and controls prepared by expert professionals to conform us.

Following your own mind does not mean that you can cut yourself off from society completely, as this is nearly impossible to do in the bigger picture of society, it means dealing with social acceptance on your own terms and conditions, and with divergent idiosyncratic thinking can cause many problems. In that regard, as open-minded as you may become, you can reverse the common relationship you feel between individuals and society. Instead of seeing other people as competitors and adjusting yourself to "fit in" with the crowd, see yourself as more. On that basis, you can determine which (if any), people you want to interact with, based on what morals they have, follow and live by.

These days it seems that more and more people are expecting excellence and perfection above their own ethics. We are socially taught from a very young age that failure is no option and that second will cost you. Whether it's within our careers, family, friends and acquaintances, or simply the daily routines of life, the pressures to succeed are always there; to be better than the next person regardless if it is your neighbours, your workmates our family. Society is constantly knocking at our door, and even if we try to shut it out, it finds other ways to gain entry. What I find though is that society itself as a whole is not keeping up with its own expectations and ideals for a distant goal. We (not all) are wanting far more than what we need, and we have to ask ourselves; why is this? My answer to this question is for acceptance, money and power. These are the thing we are educated about from day one. Greed is the universal trait that governs our success.

Before I was forced to realise that I wanted to seek my independence from normal social control, I felt like a robot, going through the motions but having no real control over my own destination. My social expectations were being guided, manipulated and taught by the teachings of many others. My mind and the door to individualism was being slowly sealed shut from the time I was born so as to fit into the common conformity of humanity. I knew something was missing from my life from a very young age. I was always a bit aloof to commonality. That something as it turned out after all these years, was my primal innate instinct to be liberated.

I have now found my own philosophy of independent living, but I must say, I have paid the social price and will continue to until such time that I fall back asleep (I am now awake). I do not, nor want to, follow social groups, social authorities, or social conventions, as I have not seen much evidence that we are morally civilised. We are way too immature and naive to even bestow any intellectual intelligence unto us as a thinking and creative being. Almost everything we have done is for the worse. My philosophy causes conflict, as society/government do not like liberated individuals who reason outside general community thinking. I like to think that I follow my own mind as much as I can these days, and if I can get away with that, I do feel a sense of pride and self-worth, which to me, is more than anyone can acquire through debt or being manipulated.

My own independent judgment is the source of all of my beliefs and actions. People are free to try to persuade me into beliefs and “so called normal ways” of thinking, but you, whether you are a businessperson, politician, or just general society, are not free to “force” me. I have done nothing to harm you or change your way of living, and in return, I demand only one thing, that you respect my right to be me, and my desire to be free. Furthermore, I should have a right to act in whatever manner I wish, so long as I refrain from interfering with anyone else’s freedoms or ideals. My body is mine, my freedom is mine, and most of all; my mind is mine.

Remember you always have yourself for a friend when all others have left after there is nothing left to take.

We have all been manipulated and controlled for most of our lives, made and shaped to suit others. This control, for me, was and still is a driving force for me to be independent. Others can have their interdependence, but I can stand tall on my own two feet. I have never liked to follow rules, or follow what has already been done, because for me it’s just was not right. I say “We mock sheep when they all follow each other and jump from a cliff; but w are to stupid to see we are no different”. 

If I want to do something that does not harm or interfere with anyone or anything of their value, who has the right to take that choice from me. If I choose to live outside of society, why is there nowhere for me to legally stay for free. You see, I am a victim as much as a prisoner in jail, but my walls. Just like yours are transparent and designed not to be seen by the majority. I say “put a normal law abiding person in a real jail, and watch their despair, this is what I feel”.

We follow an ancient script that is designed to keep us in a wall-less prison. We follow these laws, these rules, that were written to keep the majority in control, yet we seem to be on a continuous downhill spiral...why? Well, I believe that until we bridge the many gaps in society, and stop desiring wealth and power, things will never change. I think many would be shocked at what goes on within the confinements of the white walls (Government), and if we could go back in time to see the type of individuals that prepared these laws that were mostly introduced to accommodate their disgusting cruel acts of greed and self interest, many would realise that we are nothing more than victims to our own gods (Government/big business).

I like most have just gone along with the writing written in the leather-coated books, but this has got me nowhere because of who I am as an individual. I have watched our leaders do just enough to ease our manipulated brainwashed minds into making us believe that we live on a wonderful spec of dust amongst millions. Because we have an evolved brain that make us feel superior within an environment that lets us be at the top of the food chain, does not grant us the luxury of being called smart. Yes we do live on a wonderful spec of dust, but we’re very quickly changing this into a dumping ground full of our garbage.

Social control is persuaded to us in numerous ways to ensure that people conform and accepted patterns of behaviour. It all starts in school, where we are taught by teachers, who in turn have been taught by textbook Governmental standards (curriculum). Breaking out of society's norms usually invites negative responses from our community peers, such as out-casting, ostracism, abhorrence, judgmental perceptions, or even revulsion. If you don't know how to play the role expected of you as a “normal” humanised being and find your place in society, you can be labelled mad, eccentric or mentally handicapped, just like many ‘great’ people before such as Diogenes.

Adhering to social norms, following laws and playing your roles correctly, can certainly ensure that you will be rewarded with popularity, success and or even a high status in your society, but remember always that you are you, and that you need to stop, reflect and appreciate your existence, because even around others, you will always need the comfort of your own understanding of who you are. Try not to be shaped to much as you will look very unfamiliar the next time you really look at yourself.